Take charge of your career and Cruise into the new Air Executive role at Viking Cruises. Showcase your outstanding ticketing knowledge and help fellow Cruise consultants and colleagues on the best flight deals, paths and company guidelines.
This role will look after the Viking Cruises air reservations process and assist our agents and guests with booking air travel. The role will include scheduling and ticketing of airfares for Viking passengers, provide full air support to the frontline Cruise Sales Consultants team, answer calls from Agents and Guests regarding air bookings and action reissues and changes for air bookings.
- Work closely, efficiently, professionally and in a friendly manner with the Cruise Team
- Provide accurate air quotes in a timely manner
- Schedule and ticket airfares sold in conjunction with Viking Cruises.
- Reissue/reassess tickets when required
- Reconcile weekly BSP for accounts department
- Liaise with RightRez and provide airline contracts and Sabre entries required.
- Investigate/dispute any ADM issued, process air cancellations and refunds in BSP
- Secure STPC bookings when available and when required.
- Work airline schedule changes, and advise guests as necessary
- Book staff travel
- Update Evolution air data when required
What will you be doing in the role?
- Ensure all air booking processes are performed with 100% accuracy
- Ensure all requests from are responded to within 24 hours, or sooner where possible
- Ensure all air bookings are priced in accordance with Viking Cruises yield guidelines
- Take ownership of a job from start until completion
- Drives own workload and obtains what is needed from internal departments
- Identifies problem areas and seeks timely and effective solutions
- Works collaboratively to ensure joint tasks are understood and accurately completed, and solutions are sought
- Communicates effectively with all departments and builds strong rapport with all staff
What skills and experience will you need?
- Certificate in Travel including fares and ticketing 1 & 2
- Knowledge of international fare construction and airline routing principles
- Minimum of 5+ years travel industry experience and booking international air
- Sabre GDS experience and IT literate – MS Office
- Highly organised individual with strong customer service and communication skills
- Highly motivated and eager to learn and possess a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work with a dedicated and flexible attitude
- External File Air-Executive_PD_Mar18.pdf
- Salary $60,000 plus super