Are you passionate about the travel industry? Are you motivated by the thrill of creating new business relationships, and love helping people discover their next amazing vacation destination? If you answered yes, this Market Manager role is right up your alley!
As Market Manager, you’ll be given autonomy to establish connections and educate businesses on the power our platform has to market their properties. You’ll play a key role in driving new business and maintaining existing business relationships – giving you and Groupon Travel the opportunity to open new markets and penetrate deeper into existing markets and accounts. As a team, our emphasis will always be on the formation of long-term partnerships we can feature time and time again – regardless of seasonality.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN THE ROLE?
- Prospect, consult with and close relationships with partners of all types, creating compelling deals on travel experiences for Groupon subscribers
- Establish, maintain, and negotiate supplier relationships with hotel properties
- Secure and negotiate competitive rates and inventory to meet targets and metrics including peak periods
- Take your existing network and related experience in sales into alliances with hotel partners
- Develop familiarity with each partner’s business, including but not limited to: products and/or services, consumer demographics, consumer ratings, points of competitive differentiation, economic model, and revenue and profit drivers as it relates to driving occupancy
- Utilize knowledge of deal structure and strategy to find the best solution for potential hotel partners, using high financial acumen, strong sales process, and creative solutions
- Partner with our in-house Planning and Revenue Management team to ensure deal structure optimization is achieved
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WILL YOU NEED?
- Experience in Hotelier sales with proven success in a high volume target driven consultative sales environment
- Online travel or ecommerce in the Australian market /APAC market knowledge highly desirable
- Motivated by the thrill of the chase creating new business relationships in a high volume, target driven environment
- You have strong consultation and negotiation skills, and hunting skills so honed, Bear Grylls would be jealous
- The right balance of coach-ability and confidence, you are excited about the opportunity to further develop your consultative sales skills
- You’re adaptable and can think on your feet; when faced with new challenges or tough conversations, you face them head-on
- You’re comfortable in an ever-changing, highly competitive with evidence of personal ambition to grow
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of travel industry and emerging trends
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING FOR US…
- Experience working for one of the fastest growing ecommerce companies in the world with unparalleled career opportunities
- Comprehensive induction and to the business at our pretty cool Sydney HQ and ongoing learning and development
- Free Groupon credits and staff discounts (on top of discounts!) on deals
- Birthday Leave
- Volunteering / Community Days off to support your favourite cause
- Weekly Friday night drinks & recognition awards
- Opal & Emerald Club Incentives (Cancun, New York, Boracay, Vegas!)
- Work in our awesome break-out areas, a relaxed and fun culture – and we tend to dress that way too!
- Quarterly and monthly team events and much, much more!
We’ve felt this for a long time, but now we know it’s official – Groupon ANZ has recently been accredited as a Great Place to Work!
Visit our People Blog https://people.groupon.com/australia-new-zealand/ to learn what it’s like to work at Groupon from the people who matter most: our Groupies!
Interested? We’d love to hear from you!