Chimu Adventures are in the throes of exciting expansion with retail agency partners, as such they are creating a new role for a Trade Communications Executive.
Chimu Adventures is Australia’s leading travel specialist to Latin America, Antarctica and the Arctic, co-owned by the Intrepid Travel Group. They are seeking a dedicated Trade Communications Executive to work alongside the General Manager for Sales and Product and the Marketing Manager.
Bringing enthusiasm and a sense of humour to the role, as well as your passion for travel to the team. You will be fully supported as you grow into a very exciting communications role.
What will you be doing in the role?
- Execute the trade marketing and communications plan for Chimu Adventures raising the Chimu profile and driving demand through our partners. This will be done via but not limited to: website and email communications, flyers and brochure production and distribution, P.O.S material production and circulation plus execution of planned and tactical campaigns and promotions.
- Drive effective communications with all travel agent partners in order to strengthen relationships with existing partners and build relationships with new partners.
- Conduct reporting and analysis of campaign and sales activity.
- Communication and logistics of travel agent familiarisation trips and incentives, conferences, events, marketing and promotions.
- Create and maintain informative, up to date, entertaining sales presentations for Business Development Managers to use in training sessions, webinars and information evenings.
- Moderate and update the trade Facebook and LinkedIn groups working alongside sales and marketing teams to develop content calendars.
- Manage the logistics of Chimu trade events and expos including, but not limited to: staffing, registrations, logistics, promotions.
- Maintain close working relationship and open lines of communication to our team of Relationship Managers.
What skills and experience will you need?
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in marketing or communication preferred
- Or 2 years experience in a marketing co-ordination role
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Clear and concise communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience and an understanding of working with brand guidelines
- Self-motivation and goal-orientated – we are looking for a real ‘go-getter’ who can effectively multi-task with an unwavering positive energy
Desirable experience includes:
- Knowledge of the Travel/Travel Agent environment
- Event management experience
- Knowledge of a wholesale and/or travel agent environment
- Destination knowledge of Latin America and or Antarctica
- Adobe suite knowledge
Why you’ll love working for us…
There’s the opportunity to travel to these incredible locations from time to time. Here at Chimu we are proud to be the Latin America and Polar specialists, and as such we like our employees to experience these magical places first hand!
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you APPLY NOW!
Please note, you must have the right to live and work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Only interview candidates will be contacted.