This is what dreams are made of! Are you a traveller at heart and a passionate writer? Let your writing skills flourish as you bring travel stories to life with your fun tone and creative flair
The Excite Holidays Marketing team are high flying content creators and vibrant storytellers who shape the perception of Excite Holidays globally. They blend creativity with statistics and intelligence to develop unique global brand strategies, destination guides, partnership campaigns, events and loyalty incentive programs.
Excite Holidays is looking for a passionate and creative individual to join our Marketing Team. In the role of Travel Writer you will create written representations of a wide range of travel related products and subjects, including but not limited to, destination lead editorial, accommodation lead editorial and activity lead. You will also research and write about about the latest travel trends on a daily basis.
The Travel Writer should generate excitement with their product copy and written editorial. We are looking for someone who can tell a story through their writing. Quality, brand tone, consistency and accuracy of writing are core to this role. This full time role is perfect for someone who is looking to continue to flourish in content creation and professional writing.
What will you be doing in the role?
- Create paid partner campaign content research and writing, including destination guides, microsite content and native articles
- Work with the Strategy & Brand Marketing Manager and writing team to contribute editorial ideas and content for the Excite Engage blog, including working with the Marketing Specialist to identify relevant trends in the industry
- Copywriting, including but not limited to copy for Excite Holidays website, email communications, and flyer copy where relevant
- Contribute to Excite Holidays PR efforts by writing press releases and working with media partners to contribute thought pieces and other advertorial copy
- Manage a portion of Excite Holidays’ social media in conjunction with the rest of the writing team including writing and scheduling posts and engaging with our audience
What skills and experience will you need?
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Journalism, Communications, Media or Arts
- Experience working in travel writing or journalism
- Experience managing a personal blog or writing project is desired
- Demonstrated strong writing skills and a passion for writing
- Ability to think creatively and construct a story
- Ability to adapt tone and message to the needs of clients and audience
- Strong research skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic environment to meet strict deadlines
- Collaborative working style
Why you’ll love working for us
- Cost price accommodation, activities, ferries and transfers
- Health and wellness perks including group personal training, daily breakfast, fruit and afternoon snacks
- Green initiatives, volunteer opportunities and fundraising activities
- Friday drinks, social events, company picnics and peer nominated recognition awards
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- An awesome office location with a creative flexible working environment
If this opportunity sounds exciting to you and aligns with your experiences, then we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV, examples of your work and salary expectations.
AAAND GO…. APPLY NOW