G Adventures are seeking a Global Connections Officer (GCO): A sales catalyst, relationship developer, service zealot, organisational wizard, traveller, trainer, problem solver and culture enthusiast all rolled into one.
G Adventures is a company that prides itself on changing lives through travel.
With a company culture based on unique core values they live and breathe every single day, G Adventures has 26 years of success behind them, proven through double-digit sales growth year on year, and a global family with 7 regional sales teams, 5 sales offices and 25 local offices.
Your mission as a GCO if you choose it is to connect with their travellers and agency partners; recommending and selling the right trips based on their unique needs.
Your Mission… Stay away from the lions
- Reach monthly sales targets while driving exceptional customer service and KPIs
- Work with both speed and efficiency while consistently displaying compassion and care in every interaction
- Handle any booking issues calmly and with empathy
- Differentiate your service to provide a uniquely G experience for our travellers
What will you be doing in the role? Camel riding anyone?
- Connect with our prospective travellers both over the phone and via email
- Ask the right questions to ascertain the needs of each unique traveller
- Recommend and sell the right trip for the traveller based on their needs including any extra services which may enhance their experience
- Ensure the use of correct booking processes and procedures to minimize risk and reduce error rates
- Act at all times with the purpose of providing a life-changing experience
- Be an integral part of G Adventures amazing company culture and live by the G Adventures Core values
- Make meaningful connections with both the global team (including over 100 GCOs) but also your travellers
What skills and experience will you need? “Definitely the skill for adventure”
- Minimum 1-year front-line sales experience, motivated by revenue targets and service KPIs
- A love of sales and travel
- Experience using a GDS system, preferable but not necessary
- Superior selling skills & exceptional customer service skills are required
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Problem solving/complaint resolution skills
- Extensive geographical knowledge & travel experience
- Flexible and energetic, with the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to work varying shifts and weekends as required
- Ability to navigate and use a variety of computer systems confidently with speed and efficiency
- Understanding of, and identification with, G Adventures’ Core Values
- Enjoy being a part of a global team
Ready for this life-changing role?
Upon clicking the ‘Apply For This Job’ link, please enter your first name, last name, email address, and attach your resume.
It is a video application meaning you will need to answer the questions in writing or record a video (you will only have one chance to record your answer). You can use a mobile device, tablet or simply a computer with a camera and speakers.
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
*** QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN AUSTRALIA ***