Be a part of the awesome crew that is G Adventures. Bring your knowledge of the travel industry and love for motivating colleagues to this exciting role as National Sales Manager!
- Fast paced environment
- Great team culture
- Global company
As a National Sales Manager, you are responsible for achieving yearly partner revenue budgets. Your success will be dependent on the performance of your GPS team. That’s G speak for your outside sales team, most of who work remotely. You are their leader. You will take full responsibility for their success. They need to hit quarterly sales production targets, and are looking to you for guidance and leadership. The success of G Adventures has been built through hard work and close relationships with our agency partners. They are like family to us. You are a networker at heart, building strong relationships quickly and ensuring our partner’s needs are met and revenue targets are achieved.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING IN THE ROLE?
- Recruit, train, develop and coach the outside sales team
- Ensure all GPS achieve set sales production targets quarterly
- Oversee GPS call cycles, ensuring agency penetration is increasing on a quarterly basis and visits are recorded in Salesforce
- Oversee and support GPS territory business plans and coach to the achievement of KPI’s
- Spend a minimum of 2 days on the road with each GPS per quarter. Regular domestic and international travel is required on an ongoing basis
- Monthly reports and quarterly business meetings with all agency partners
- Support the commercial strategy of the region with regards to agency business
- Ensure spending is in line with agency sales budget
- Support a vibrant culture in line with findings from the Employee Engagement Survey
- Ensure the GPS team are fully involved with company cultural initiatives
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WILL YOU NEED?
- Proven record of achieving high growth revenue budgets
- Ability to lead and motivate a sales team – your success depends on them hitting targets
- Ability to handle a large portfolio of agency partners, ensuring they feel supported and are achieving their goals
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, energetic company culture
- Professional sales presentation techniques
- Knowledge of the travel industry and your territory
- Knowledge of G Adventures’ ethos, your types and target audience
- Demonstrated experience in business planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Demonstrated experience in driving business improvement initiatives
- Grasp of adventure product, processes, the industry and competition, as well as the market for this style of travel product
- Proficiency using Salesforce
- Minimum of 3 years experience leading a remote sales team
- Valid Australian drivers licence and passport
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING FOR US
- Fantastic development and growth opportunities
- We encourage you to be your true self at work
- Cool and fun offices with a great culture
- Offices all around the world!
We pride ourselves on a fast paced, vibrant company culture. We live by our 5 core values, along with the unspoken rule of “you must dress in costume at least quarterly”. As a member of our leadership team you are instrumental in ensuring a 5 star culture is maintained throughout your team, your entire office and G Adventures as a whole. That’s over 25 offices in total. That’s a big job.
If you have what it takes and want to join an innovative company with the most creative travel product on Earth then apply now!
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
***QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN AUSTRALIA***