Are you adventurous and passionate about the natural environment? Do chance encounters with polar bears in the Arctic or penguins in Antarctica sound enticing? Are you interested in shaping the future of a rapidly growing adventure travel brand? If we’ve got your attention, then this role at Aurora Expeditions could be for you.
Aurora Expeditions is an Australian-owned adventure company founded by mountaineer and explorer, Greg Mortimer (the first Australian to summit Everest) and his wife Margaret 27 years ago. With the simple aim of sharing their thirst for adventure with like-minded travellers, Aurora Expeditions takes small groups on voyages of discovery to regions to inspire them, creating lifelong ambassadors for the preservation and protection of these natural wonders. From the European Arctic to Antarctica, Costa Rica to Patagonia, Cruise Critic voted us #1 for best itineraries in 2018.
Aurora Expeditions is growing immensely, and we are on the hunt for a passionate and talented Public Relations Executive to work at our HQ in Surry Hills and join our vibrant marketing team.
WHAT’S THE GIG?
- Responsibility for PR for the business globally for both consumer and trade
- Management and delivery of Australian PR plan
- Management of UK PR agency
- Development of PR plan and initiation for North American market
- Management of press release creation and distribution
- Nurturing media relationships through regular one on ones and networking
- Responding to ad-hoc media enquiries and requests
- Identifying and managing special guests’ trips and as attendees at events
- Identifying, engaging and leveraging special guests and influencers
- KPI creation, monitoring and reporting on all media coverage ensuring delivery to KPIs
- Coordinating the media famil program and onboard filming projects
- Managing the PR budget and invoicing
- Management of media launches
- Management of consumer launch events and regular webinar program
- Drafting key communications/statements – developing response templates and providing guidance on how to manage more complex issues including crisis management
The role will require working closely with the broader marketing team to execute campaigns across multiple channels.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WILL YOU NEED?
- 5+ years managing PR either in-house or within a PR agency
- Excellent press release writing skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships with media, internally etc.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Be a team player willing to strive to deliver exceptional results
- Approach work with high-energy, drive and internal motivation
- A passion for the great outdoors and nature
- Preferred: experience in the travel media landscape
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Being part of a rapid growing company
- Be part of the legendary Aurora Expeditions team which boasts some of Australia’s greatest explorers
- A sociable and inclusive office environment that offers office snacks, great coffee and even a fully stocked beer and wine fridge
- A staff familiarisation trip to one of our remote and wild destinations – we want our staff to be passionate about our trips, so we want you to experience it firsthand!
- A modern office space with quiet rooms available for when you just need to nut something out!
- Individual career development plan
- An office rotation of exclusive invitations to partner VIP events, launches and thought leader talks
- HQ situated in a trendy Surry Hills location and within 2-minute walk from central station
- Your choice of birthday cake for your birthday
- A dog friendly office
Above all, we love nature and adventure and, if you do too, you’ll love working with us. So, if you’re excited about this opportunity, please apply by emailing email@example.com with your CV and a cover letter.
Please note the position is full-time and the salary will be dependent on experience. This role will involve some work during unsocial hours on the odd occasion but time with be provided back in lieu.